- The infographics are colorful and detailed.
- There are a number of optional extensions provided to extend the lab.
- Access to the Internet is required for this activity.
- Teachers must sign in to access the key.
- Consider assigning some of the videos as homework and then have students work in pairs or groups to discuss the questions.
- This lab can be used by Engineering classes as an example of technological solutions that can help with a global problem. Consider having students research the carbon-infused cement or algae-based fuels.
- Science students can research the risks associated with pumping CO2 into the soil to see if they are similar to the risks of fracking, such as more earthquakes or groundwater contamination.
- Have students design an energy-neutral and ecosystem-friendly means of growing/harvesting algae to use for an alternative fuel.
- Students can compare the solutions presented to their ranking of solutions on the interactive Project Drawdown table of solutions.