- The lab overviews section identifies all of the materials you'll need to gather and provides a quick scope and sequence of the unit. Key questions and learning objectives are also outlined.
- Students may be surprised learning about the Dust Bowl, imagining sand dunes covering huge parts of the plains.
- Review teacher resources for general background information relevant to each lab.
- Connect the human actions that make droughts worse with solutions that can be accomplished through human actions as well.
- Advanced students can do some of the lab sections independently or in groups.
- Students that live in the Western U.S. can look for local information about droughts that connects these labs to their city or state.
- As an extension, have students research solutions to water scarcity such as solar-powered desalination that incorporate climate solutions and water solutions.